SIGNING BONUS for the right candidate
Thank you for your interest!
If you’ve always dreamt of being a sleuth, joining our receptionist team might be for you. In this position, you have to understand the body language of both humans and animals, decipher medical records, and work diligently to create a smooth-running hospital. We are seeking a person who enjoys working hard but understands attention to detail is paramount.
Successful Veterinary Receptionist applicants should be able to demonstrate a history of the following skills:
- Background in customer/client care.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Act professionally under varying circumstances, including but not limited to welcoming new puppies and kittens to the world, greeting regular patients, and handling emergencies, euthanasias with calm.
The purpose of this position is to facilitate serving all our client’s and patient’s needs in a manner that consistently exceeds our client’s expectations. You will be expected to greet clients on the phone and in person, schedule appointments, perform record keeping and clerical duties related to animal patient care and treatment, facilitate pet care education to our clients, and provide support to medical team. This position requires a practical knowledge of hospital organization, services and products, basic rules and regulations governing visitors and animal patient treatment, data transcribing, word processing, and a practical knowledge of standard procedures, veterinary records, and terminology used in the hospital.
**Experienced is definitely preferred but not necessary. ** Scheduling includes mornings and weekends.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. Apply below or submit your resume and cover letter via email or in person. If you choose to come in person, please note there will be no time at that moment to meet with you directly regarding this position. Due to high response rates, we may not contact all applicants, and ask that you not call about this position.
- Is meticulous with details, particularly when it comes to medical records.
- Can safely restrain patients maintaining Fear-Free practices.
- Wants to educate our clients on products, services, and medications as necessary.
- Can adhere to our guidelines for toenail trims and other ancillary services.
- Can maintain composure during emergencies.
- Is able to prepare the surgical suite and surgical patients.
- Can stand for extended periods of time (upwards of 5-6 hours at a time) and lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Has the ability to work well with humans: we love playing with puppies and kittens, but people in this role interact with clients and are expected to work well in a team.
- Has a flexible schedule. We will try to provide you with a consistent schedule, but the healthcare field changes from minute to minute; we must be willing to do the same. Must be available on weekends.
- Most importantly, loves being a part of a team dedicated to helping keep pets happy and healthy!
Licensed Veterinary Technician
Woodside Animal Hospital is proud of many of things, one of which is our ability to work with technicians to help them become better than they ever imagined. It is easy to look at our website and see a small practice, but that is our hidden secret. We may look small, but we are certainly busy. This means we will utilize your skills every day and we like to celebrate milestones along the way!
- Licensed Veterinary Technicians are experienced team players dedicated to veterinary care by assisting the doctors with technical functions. Woodside recognizes that you have worked hard to become highly skilled in the health and wellbeing of animals. We are looking for a licensed technician that can take their skills one step further and can not only perform but also communicate those skills with team members.
- Licensed Veterinary Technicians demonstrate strong client relations skills. It is common to hear, “because I love animals” when we ask interviewees why they chose the veterinary profession. We expect all staff to care about their patients, but we also value team members that can empathize with our great clientele.
- Licensed Veterinary Technicians demonstrate a willingness to learn to add value as an integral part of our quality team. As Woodside continues to grow, we are always interested in working together to expand our medical knowledge. We value your feedback and support your desire to learn.
Woodside has a lot to offer you. To begin with, we have great hours: Monday-Friday from 8:30am-6:00pm and Saturdays from 8:30am-4:00pm.
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Pet care benefits
- License renewal
- Much more!
If you are a licensed technician with experience, we look forward to meeting you! Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Although we appreciate all who apply, this position is for licensed technicians only. We will not review applicants without licensure.
Woodside Animal Hospital is growing and we are looking for a team of medical professionals that are excited to join us! We believe the healing process begins when doctors work with clients to find answers. Although we are a busy hospital, we believe you should have adequate time with your patients. That is why we offer half hour appointments and allot for a two-hour appointment-free period every day to catch up and for lunch.
We have hired three veterinarians over the past year and a half, but the influx of Seattleites in Port Orchard has kept us busy. You will have colleagues that support you and management that values your time.
As a privately owned hospital we:
- create plans tailored to our patients,
- have a great team that is encouraged to thrive in areas that interest them,
- value our staff and offer exceptional medical, dental, and 401k benefits
- treat our clients like humans, not numbers.
What we ask of you:
Our veterinarians set the tone for the hospital. You are the ideal candidate if you:
- thrive on staying busy but can remain calm and with a positive attitude. Healthcare does not always follow a schedule. We are a relaxed group, but emergencies do happen.
- like people as much as you like animals. Communication is critical. If you like sitting on the floor with your patients while talking to their people, and you communicate well with our staff, you will fit in perfectly with our team!
- enjoy the exam room as much as the surgery suite. We would be even more excited if you have an affinity for oral health and dentistry!
Get away from traffic jams and unrealistic living expenses:
Port Orchard, immortalized in Debbie Macomber’s books as Cedar Cove, is a semi-rural seaside town characterized by friendly people and a peaceful pace of living. We are surrounded by idyllic views of the Puget Sound and local snowcapped mountains; the recreational and cultural opportunities are only limited by your imagination. Your off time could find you exploring symphonies, comedy shows, going to sporting events, Home and Garden or Flower shows, riding mountain bikes, hiking, boating, seeking antique treasures and much more. Although Port Orchard offers the escape from crazy city living, the introduction of the fast ferry has made getting to Seattle is easy when you want to see a Seahawks or Sounders game.
If you have questions about open positions, please send us an email. Please do not call us to help keep the phone lines open for our clients.